Wednesday, May 8, 2013

I was a pattern tester!!

Have you been to Shannon's blog Little Kids Grow?  She is super creative and clever when it comes to clothing and her posts are always so upbeat and positive.  I have plans to make the Double Key Quick Knit Top as soon as I find the right fabric and the Bubble Top would be perfect for my daughter in the upcoming hot summer months.  

Shannon has started a new PDF pattern line and will be publishing a monthly newsletter to announce new pattern releases, free e-patterns and special discounts.  Sign-up will be available later this week (possibly starting tomorrow) and, as a special treat, everyone that signs up for the newsletter will receive a free pattern for the Layla Beret, which is what I tested.


I was excited to be able to do this, since I had never tested a pattern before.  As far as clothing goes, I've made 2 pairs of pajama pants and some aprons (are those even considered clothing?), so I am definitely a beginner.  It took me about 2.5 hours to complete, starting with printing out the pattern and ending with the optional hand-sewn flower embellishment.  I think if I make another one, it would probably take about an hour or so.  It is a very cute design and although my daughter does not like to wear hats normally, I think she enjoyed posing for me.  I used Essex Linen in Natural for the beret and just a solid pink I had on hand for the flower.  


I think that Shannon did a great job with this pattern and I look forward to seeing what new things she'll be coming out with soon. 

Also, Shannon has a feature on her blog called Motivation Mondays that provides a weekly dose of encouragement.  She has developed that into its own website, by the same name.  These posts help me to start the week off right by grounding myself in my faith.  I sincerely enjoy these posts.

Please do yourself a favor and take a look at both of Shannon's blogs and sign up for her newsletter.

(Just so you know, although it may sound like I was compensated for my opinions, I was not.  I just really love what Shannon's got going on.)












No comments:

Post a Comment